Hello all,

I have been spending a great amount of time on VAF researching and trying to become a savvy buyer for an RV-4. I have visited a couple of 4's, one was a great example of exactly what I was looking for and one was a bit suspect but I was beat to the purchase on them both by some other lucky individuals. I am currently looking at an RV-4 in Marion, Ill. I was hoping to find somebody who would be willing to do a pre-buy inspection. I do not require an A&P as long as the person is very experienced with RV's. I would not be able to be there for the inspection as I live in So. Maryland. If the results of the inspection are promising I would like to travel out there with the intent to purchase and fly it back. Please email me at LotusSeven at gmail dot com or give me a call at 919-417-6060. Any other sage words of advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Matt

I have never had a pre-buy done, so take my advise for what it is worth:rolleyes:

Rick Gray is someone I have bookmarked as a guy I would contact in this situation. Marion is also not too far from him (somewhere in Ohio).

http://rv6rick.tripod.com/ohiovalleyrvators/

Be prepared to be amazed at his list of awards. His website indicates he is available for a fee, and also lists what he does on the pre-buy.

Good luck,

Mark