geronimo

I'm New Here
Hi folks, I'm the proud new owner of a pre-loved RV4 - feeling a little guilty having 'bought into' the RV grin without the journey of building, but obviously over the moon with my new fantastic airplane. Anyhow, I've discovered the POH somewhat lacking in specific detail. The performance section is not backed up by any evidence of flight test data, and is simply filled with cut & pasted or 'provided' data from the web, Vans or various web-based info. I'll be conducting a flight test period to fill out some of the gaps, but I'm wondering in the meantime if anyone can offer up any performance data for a similar aircraft which I might use for planning purposes. The aircraft is light, basic weight 912lb, has an O320 E2D and standard 68x66 wooded prop. Does anyone out there have climb performance figures/charts (eg. fuel required/time to climb graphs, or climb rates/fuel flows at specific RPM/altitudes/speeds, ... etc), or cruise figures/charts (RPM/fuel flows/%HP/altitude) etc. At this stage I have neither digital or analogue fuel flow instrumentation, nor MAP for that matter, so any of the above performance data for a similarly configured RV4 would be very interesting to me. Typical fuel flows are of particular interest.

Thanks guys
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Congratulations on your acquisition. I'm currently searching for a import / export broker as I'm wanting to bring in an engine, if you can assist you can PM me off list with the details, thanks.

Regards

Derek