t4tango

Hi Everyone,

I have almost completed the new RV-4 empennage I bought from Vans to replace items damaged in a ground incident. The aircraft was fitted with manual elevator trim with the usual 'green snake' ready and waiting for action. Its not clear to me from the manual how the latest kit can secure the end of the cable sheath so that the core cable can be pushed and pulled. On the old left hand elevator (c1987) there is a small access plate secured to the inner rib which, when opened allowed screwdriver access to a clamp fixed to the wall of the reinforcing piece inside the elevator. Was this the standard method or is there a new way of doing it? Any help appreciated.

thanks

The cable sheath is threaded and secured with jam nuts on a tab attached to the access plate in the HS stab. At least that is how it has been done for some time now. Sounds like your early kit was different.

Tab in the elevator

The tab for securing the jamb nuts is in the elevator on my plans. I installed electric trim, so I did not use mine. Im not near my plans at the moment, so I cant give exact details.