hendrik

Well Known Member
RV-4 leading edge skin -- part number?

Can someone tell me what the part numbers for the pre-punched and the unpunched versions of the RV-4 outboard leading edge skins are? Or if "W-401" is pre-punched or not?

Last edited:
Bump ...

Anybody who could give me the part number of their RV-4 leading edge skin together with the information whether it's prepunched? A single data point is enough for me ... Thanks!

Forgot to check my plans during the short time I spent at the house this weekend, but I'm 99% sure that pre-punched RV-4 parts are suffixed with "PP". I.e. W-401 would NOT be pre-punched, but W-401PP IS pre-punched. Not sure about now, but at one time you could order RV-4 wing skins either way. Hope this helps.

I think longranger is correct.

My plans are #4557 ordered in Jan of 2010. It says 401PP-L and ?R and have two leading skins for that. And yes, they are pre-punched. Then another two skins marked ?L and R, but also have the T- prefix for tank leading skins followed by number and PP -L and -R which are also pre-punched.

Great, thanks for that information! I was confused because I only found W-401 in the "list" and wasn't sure what this refers to. So it's definitely the unpunched version, good to know. :)