Karbonkid

Very interested in purchasing an rv4 as my first plane. With that being said i have not even sat in one. Is there anyone in the denver area that would be willing to let me check the 4 out for size?

Welcome to VAF!!

David, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

RV 4 is my favorite of the entire herd.

Four For You?

Very interested in purchasing an rv4 as my first plane. With that being said i have not even sat in one. Is there anyone in the denver area that would be willing to let me check the 4 out for size?

Ditto the welcome, you have chosen wisely. I'm pretty fond of the design myself and after 20+ years I use my experience to help others. There are many RV4 drivers in the Denver area, I can put you in touch with several. Let me know.
Since this is your first airplane and having helped "several" folks buy RV4's let me ask you a couple of questions, since your insurance company will anyway:

1. Flying experience? (I recommend 150 hours minimum)
2. # Hours Tail wheel (50 minimum for most insurance companies)
3. Plan on flying 150 hours/year? (cost of ownership break even hours)
4. Ever flown an RV?

Talking is free, drop me a line.
[email protected]
V/R
Smokey
Dues gladly paid in Iraq...
Gladly paid to DR anyway...

Last edited:
Just over 150hrs
100 hrs tailwheel
I have had my private for under a year, my approach was to fly when i felt like it and see how many hrs i flew in a year. I am right at 100 so far, schedule has been hectic and i can see myself flying more hrs next year.
Never flown an rv, most hrs are in a j3 and a citabria

If you have 100 hrs in a citab, the rv will be a piece o cake,,,, check out the rv,s for sale at eaachapter 1267/ members aircraft..both are clean and good flyers, though the 4 has a few more hrs than the 6. I am a little prejudice as I built both of them.....Dave