TIPSYNIPPER

Hi Guys/Girls,
I have an RV4 with which I compete at Std level competitions (one first place, one second....against Extra & Laser).
The current original set-up does not hold me down enough to stop me rising during neg' G.
I would like to fit a Hooker harness that has two lap straps, one of them utilising the original attachments, but finding a attachment for the forward/lower lap straps that will hold me in neg' G.
Does anyone have any suggestions/plans for such an addition please?
It would seem to be difficult, as the "tunnel" on which I sit (and the original attachments are located behind me) are too narrow to stop the belt going under the seat base and allowing too much flex'. So any structure is going to need to go across from the tunnel to the fuselage side I think.
I have attached a photo link to show the issue.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62722241@N00/18302836561/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks in advance for any help.
Neil

dateposted-public

Last edited:
Just thinking about it for a couple of minutes... I was thinking a bulkhead under the floor panel that attaches to the outside of the "tunnel" vertically and crosses over to the fuselage and attaches there with a vertical row of rivets again. Adjust the forward/aft position based on where you want to attach lap belt, and then add a threaded hole to top of bulkhead(much like wing tie down)to bolt in an anchor point for lap belt. The floor panel would mount on top of bulkhead with a hole drilled in appropriate spot for anchor bolt.