LanceRV4

Has anyone encountered the fuel tank leading edge skin not being long enough? It looks like I have a .025 gap with between the wing skin. I'm not sure if it came from Van's bad or if there is something I'm missing when I drilled it up.

I only received the large prints and was wondering if someone would provide me a copy of the construction prints for the wings.

RV-4 Fuel tank skins

I have built a number of wings, prior to prepunching and specifically what you're experiencing is the same I experienced in the 1980s when I built my -4.

My suggestion, cleco the skins on and draw a line where they fall on the spar.
Make sure you have the spar supported so there is no sag. Now take the skins off and proceed as follows:

Wrap straps (possibly ratchet type) around the tank skin and under the main spar (keeping the straps as close to the ribs as possible) (also put spacer where the strap will be pulling to avoid bending spar flange), then tighten the straps until you have a small gap between where the main skins stops and the tank skin. You have to tighten more than you would expect. Make sure there is at least .032 gap between the main and tank skin to allow for paint and removal of tanks, if ever necessary.