hcccs

Well Known Member
I had some scrap aluminum so I thought I'd make use of it and cut out my own baffles parts, which turned out to be very unusual according to Van?s. I had them send me a sketch of how the baffles fit together but it was obvious that the plans I bought are for some old type baffles and are a lot different from the baffle kit. The plans lack the reinforcement, doublers, conical gussets and what not. The exact positioning of the baffle parts is far from clear to me and I'll have to do some substantial trimming here and there so some fotos of the baffles from various angles would make things easier. Does anyone have baffles pictures?

Hcccs, Hi! That is a strange Swedish name.

I am sure you will get better pictures, but until you do, there are a few bits and pieces if you scroll down here. They might help a little.

If you double click the pictures you will get a much bigger, cleare image.

One comment, I always assumed, but never checked, that the aluminium for the baffles was a harder grade than most of the rest of the aircraft. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Baffling Plans

Hans,

You didn't say what engine you had, but I have an extra set of baffle component drawings (full size) for the 0-320, that you can have. I can also post some pretty good photos of my installation (gotta wait till I get to my home computer as the work one won't let me access Image Shack) if you're interested. Just let me know.

Good Luck!

Hans,

You didn't say what engine you had, but I have an extra set of baffle component drawings (full size) for the 0-320, that you can have. I can also post some pretty good photos of my installation (gotta wait till I get to my home computer as the work one won't let me access Image Shack) if you're interested. Just let me know.

Good Luck!

Bill,

Thanks a lot, this could relly help. I asked Vans if I could purchase the drawings and instructions that come with the kit but they haven't replied as yet. Today I was about to give in an order a baffle kit - I thought that would be the only way out of this dilemma. I have an O-320 engine and I suppose your plans have all that's needed. My email address is [email protected] so you can contact me outside the forum. Thanks again!

Hans