dougsnash

Guys, I pruchased a partially built RV-4 empennage kit at Airventure. I have the updated planset and instructions from Van's but the original packing slip was not included with the kit.

Does someone have an empennage kit packing slip they could scan and e-mail to me so I can see exactly what parts I am missing?

Thanks

Doug MacDonald
RV-4 Newbie
NW Ontario, Canada
[email protected]

Doug, I’ll fix ya up. Just give me till about Monday, and I should have something for you by then. Don’t do much scanning with my printer, so figure I’ll run into a few minor problems, but I will get them to you, and it’ll be up to date too, since I received my kits in May of this year.

Doug, I've had the packing slips for the empennage ready for you since Sunday, but not sure if you are checking your PM. I need your e-mail before I can send them to you. I left you my e-mail in PM as well.

John

Empennage packing slip

Sorry for that John, didn't notice the PM alert:eek:. I've sent you a reply PM and an e-mail.

Thanks for your help

Doug

Many thanks to John for e-mailing me a copy of his packing slip. As for actual numbered parts, I am only missing the extruded "L" part of the rudder horn and one front elevator rib. Pretty good for a box of loose parts.

Next problem is the breakdown of what is contained in the hardware bags. There were no bags of hardware included with the kit and it is obvious that several parts are missing. I've sent an e-mail to Van's asking them for a breakdown of what is supposed to be in the bags but haven't heard anything back from them. It's only been a couple of days so they may still come through.

I'm starting to get excited about working on this project. It will make for an interesting long cold winter.

Doug MacDonald
RV-4 Newbie
NW Ontario, Canada