Infidel

Well Known Member
I've been looking for some time now for an RV and for the most part, have my heart set on a 4. I haven't had the opportunity to fly in one, let along sit in one yet. To date, a 6 and 6A is my only RV experience. I really like the 8 models but for now, too far out of my budget.

I'm curious about the corners of the battery box rubbing or contacting the insides of the pilots legs. It looks to me the corners of the box would. Can any of you RV4 guys give me some insight?

Hopefully soon, I'll get to see for myself firsthand. Thanks in advance....

My battery box is inside the two longitudinal mambers between your legs. you wont rub on them nor on the battery box. plentu of room for feet and legs.

Not an Issue

Hi,

This is not an issue. I have my 4 set up with Oregon Aero seats and its very comfortable.

Thanks for the input. I've never seen the question raised or anyone else with the concern so it's good to know it's not. At a height of 5'8", I anticipate I should fit nicely in a 4. I'm looking forward to the day!

Chris, my advice has nothing to do with the RV-4 battery.

Three years ago, I was in you position - I liked the RV-8 but didn't have the money for one so I posted a WTB (want to buy) here on VAF, looking for an RV-4. A day later, I decided "what the heck" and edited my post with "or a bare bones RV-8".

Two day later I got a message asking if I'd be interested in an untainted RV-8 with 100hrs but only a 150Hp and wood propeller. The rest is in my VAF signature :)

I'm a happy flyer of an RV-8.

You never know what you will find until you start searching!

Thanks Glen. Your right and thanks for the suggestion. Once I get a few more things in order, like selling my Vette, I'll try as you suggested.

RV-4

I have an RV-4 at Cedar Meadows Airpark in Summit Point, WV. Just a few miles from Green Landings. I'll be at the hangar most of the weekend Sat and Sun. Let my know if you want to stop by.

Jim Thill
N444JT
[email protected]

That'd be great Jim and thank you. I'll be heading to Kansas sometime in the next week but if I'll still be around this weekend, I'll take you up on the offer. I should know a little more what my schedule looks like in the next day or two and I'll hey back with you. Thanks again!

Chris

Sunday

Having a mini fly-in with food on Sunday from noon to 3pm. Might be a few other RVs around. So would be a good chance to look at more than one.
Jim

Having a mini fly-in with food on Sunday from noon to 3pm. Might be a few other RVs around. So would be a good chance to look at more than one.
Jim

Thanks again Jim, your hospitality is greatly appreciated. I should find out tomorrow if I'll still be around on Sunday and if I am, I'll definitely swing by.