YellaDawg

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Having flown accross country and to Oshkosh 3 times, I am considering an autopilot. I am thinking the Trio. Any suggestions on placing the servos?

Thanks,

CW

If it matches the mounting hole pattern and sizes of the others, you can use other brand mounting systems. Both Dynon and GRT have standard mount kits available. Perhaps other companies do too. Maybe even Trio, worth asking them.

Dave

Having flown accross country and to Oshkosh 3 times, I am considering an autopilot. I am thinking the Trio. Any suggestions on placing the servos?

Thanks,

CW

Call Jerry and the guys at Trio. You will find their products and support to be superb and should be able to assist with installing servos in your -4.

You will get spoiled by the Pro Pilot in about.........15 minutes. :)

RV 4 autopilot

Thanks guys, just saw the threads on Dynon, good pictures.
Now comes the hurtin part.....money!

I'm a big fan of TruTrak's autopilots. They've had years to perfect their software algorithms for smooth a/p operations and it shows in their products.

I looked at Oshkosh for one for my -4. I like both the Tru Trak and Trio products, but am leaning toward the Tru Trak for the simple reason they have a unit that fits in a standard 2" hole and I have a spare hole... An other issue to consider is which manufacturer has engineered the servo installations for the -4. Please keep us posted on the progress of your search.

Good luck,

RV 4 autopilot

I also considered TruTrak and many really like them, an equal number like the Trio. I can go either way with the diameter the two things I like about Trio is it gives you a fuel totalizer and turn coordinator for the same money. If I was limited on space I would go with TruTrak, but since I am not, I like the added features and will use them.

CW

Trio Auto Pilot

CW, I originally installed a Navaid wing leveler in my RV-6 with the servo installed in the right wing tip. Several years ago I installed the Trio auto pilot using the same servo in the right wing tip. I have been very satisfied with the performance of the Trio and the factory has great support as well.

Danny Parker
RV-6
N360DP

Trio AP

I installed the Trio Pro. Put one servo in the right wing tip. The elevator servo is mounted next to the elevator bell crank using the mounting kit From Trio.
The set up is quick and easy. You'll find the cost very reasonable.
Rich

+ 1

Call Jerry and the guys at Trio. You will find their products and support to be superb and should be able to assist with installing servos in your -4.

You will get spoiled by the Pro Pilot in about.........15 minutes. :)

BIG DITTO!! I have the EZ Pilot & love it. It really increases the utility of your plane.

Happy flying :)