Thanks
Jim Miller

The Mighty Three

Could anyone flying a RV3 with a 108/115 0235 please send me a copy of
their performance data? I am puting this engine in a RV3 that previously had

Thanks
Jim Miller

Jim,
20 years ago I shared a hangar with a 0-235 powered RV3. It was very light with electric starter, small battery, photoelectric panel, handheld radio/gps. Cruised easily at 140 mph/120 knots mph at 6gph top speed 170mph. Great fun, STOL performance, very light controls. You will love the fun, efficiency and economy.
V/R
Smokey

0-235 RV-3

I intend to fit a 235 Lyc. for my RV-3 . It is first life, with a un-serviceable cylinder and cam.- Carb. Mags, Crank, all ok.
Any one with knowledge of prop dimensions for this engine in a three?
My farm strip is 1500ft with good approaches, so need more of a cruise type prop.
We have a good wooden manufacturer close by that makes RV propeller units to order.
I'm still trying to find the part number/source of the four wing spar blanks, and the aileron bell cranks.
Most other items and materials are available in New Zealand, and mine will be a real slow build due to other engineering work taking my time!
Neil Robertson
Invercargill
NZ

Neil
I have been told between 68 X 60 and 68 X 64. I am having one made by
Ed Sterba that is 68 X 64. Ed will re-pitch for free and he said going from
64 pitch down to 62 or 60 is fast and easy for him to do. I have a cam
ground and certified by AEA in Dallas (old style with separate gear) if
interested PM me. It is from a Lycoming factory reman that had 1600 hrs.

Jim

Jim,
20 years ago I shared a hangar with a 0-235 powered RV3. It was very light with electric starter, small battery, photoelectric panel, handheld radio/gps. Cruised easily at 140 mph/120 knots mph at 6gph top speed 170mph. Great fun, STOL performance, very light controls. You will love the fun, efficiency and economy.
V/R
Smokey

Smokey
My RV3 will be exactly what you describe.

Jim

RV-3 Performance on 135 hp?

FYI, my rv-3 has 135hp and runs a 68-70 Aymar-Demuth prop just fine.

CJ: Do you get Van's "book" numbers with your 135 hp O-290? Our "3" has the lower compression pistons and is book rated therefore at 125 hp so am wondering about what it will do when we get it flying again...

Blue skies,

Doug Lomheim