MV-RVer

With plenty of time on my hand (thanks Lyc.) I'm looking at options that I've not given much attention to.

What are active flyer opinions of the Yaw Servo on the -14? Is it a for pilots with skinny legs, or a long term fuel/stomach saver?

With plenty of time on my hand (thanks Lyc.) I'm looking at options that I've not given much attention to.

What are active flyer opinions of the Yaw Servo on the -14? Is it a for pilots with skinny legs, or a long term fuel/stomach saver?
My wife loves it. In Florida we get a lot of turbulence on climb out and really settles the tail down. You can have the yaw damper on during take-off (The rest of the autopilot is off). Very effective in gusting conditions. Wouldn't leave home without it.

It is worth it IMHO. As noted. it helps in turbulence and also effective at keeping the ball centered, not that this is a replacement for a properly trimmed rudder. Very happy to have it installed on my -14A

I put the bracketry in and will run an extra connector hit into my emp to give me the option of adding it later more easily. I had easy access to the emp just before I did the big join. I plan on getting my 14 flying and then deciding if I want to add it later. Something to consider.

I am very close to first flight; probably will happen next month sometime. I purchased an extra servo and the yaw install kit so that I would have something to do this winter. AirplaneDetective said he ran an extra connector, but my kit already has a connector for the yaw servo built into the common wiring harness. Therefore other than the gymnastics needed to crawl back into the tailcone I think installation will be fairly easy. Might be over the top, but so is everything else I've put into my build. The airplane should fly better and be more marketable when you have to sell. I don't see any downside except for the extra weight and expense.