crashley

Well Known Member
just wondering about the number of 12's in australia and what stage they are up to ours has 110hours now and rogers has nearly 100
ashley

RV-12's

Ashley,

Most recent tally I have is 6 flying, including yours and 14 building or about to (ie kit ordered). No doubt there are others out there, so say around 20-25 in various stages of completion. Of the ones I know about, 4 are in WA, the rest are all in the eastern states. I've done 430 hours so far. Emp complete, fuselage half done and working on the wings.

Hi Ashley, I have records for 20 RV12's being built in Australia. 5 of these I know are flying. Constuction of the others ranges from just started to flying by christmas.

thats great cant wait to see them all flying
we are having a great time with ours went to boken hill last week
if anyone wants any info dont hesitate to call
ashley

Ashley
What cruise speeds at what RPM are you getting?
Do you have whhellants, etc?
John

cruise speed

HI i hava just adjusted the prop again and am getting about 115 knots at 5200 revs 120 at 5300 that was at about 2000 ft agl will do a proper set of figures at 4500 feet when the cloud clears
I have wheel pants fitted

RV 12's in Oz

Hi Ashley,

After seeing yours in Temora, it cemented the commitment to build one with my father in law.

We are building RV 120543 in Ocean Grove. In the process of the tailcone after finishing the empennage. Time poor but not too concerned as long as we keep marching forward with a good looking product.

Kyle

Kyle

Welcome to the club. Best estimate of the Aussie contingent is now 6 flying (1 VH, 5 RAA), 18 building.

Last edited:
While I was at Kilcoy ( Qld ) this weekend, I was able to see a complete kit that had just arrived, all still in the boxes. So you can add one more to your list I guess.

Add one more.
RV-12 #120504
Empennage/Tail Cone.
I am yet to start.
I am in suburban Melbourne (Hawthorn)
John

Meanwhile, in Adelaide

A day or two from finishing tailcone. Stabilator and vs all done. Workshop appears to be shrinking. What a great project. Loving every minute (even the deburring!)
DaveH Kit#480

RV-12's by State

Looks like Vic is the current RV-12 capital of Australia, with Tassie yet to score. Anybody down there?

NSW QLD VIC SA WA
5 2 11 3 4

Another Aus '12

Hi all, just been contacted by John Allen from Acheron, Vic. His emp kit will be here in about a month.
Cheers,

RV12 120307

I am building my 12 in Newport a suburb of Sydney. It is now complete but because Sydney is devoid of airports and no hanger space I am forsed to build a trailer which is nearly finished. I will be VH-RTR Experimental. Test flying next at Cessnock possibly.

I am building my 12 in Newport a suburb of Sydney. It is now complete but because Sydney is devoid of airports and no hanger space I am forsed to build a trailer which is nearly finished. I will be VH-RTR Experimental. Test flying next at Cessnock possibly.

Hi Roger, You must be just itching too fly. Be interested in your trailer design and pics. I will ring again soon. Good luck on the test flight!

Aussie RV-12

Hi Roger would Like to see pics & Details on your "12" Trailer too if you can mate!

Cheers John H.

Avionics

Hi all,
just wondering if most go with the Van's avionics kit or doing your own.
All my kits are pre Skyview,but have not ordered Avionics kit as yet...I lean very much towards going with the "old" D180 etc setup which is of course not available any longer from Van's.Skyview might be a bit of an overkill......
I'm using the D180 with autopilot in my RV7A and it works well.

cheers
Karl Ahamer Penrose NSW
RV6A sold
RV7A 140 hours
RV12 in progress