Geico266

Well Known Member
In Van's recent -12 update he talks about the possibility of seeing home built RV-12's at this year's OSH? Is that possible? :confused:

If I had all of the kits I could do it, but...................

I can't wait to see some of the handy work of VAF.

Implied

It would seem to follow that they plan to release the other kits soon. Gettting an inspection and all paperwork done by July seems like a stretch - maybe not. Hope not ! I think it will take some time to do the finish kit. It could happen.

John Bender

Should not hinge on release of the last kit

Can the feds move that quickly to approve the S-LSA after the release of the last kit. The EAB's may be the only ones at Osh.

Perhaps Mel will weigh-in but getting S-LSA approval of the prototype should not have any direct connection to release of the last subkit. As long Vans has all of their required paperwork done for the kits and other supporting documentation, then it should be possible. I am guessing that for each subkit, they have had much of the documentation done in advance of actually releasing the subkit to the market.

Perhaps Mel will weigh-in but getting S-LSA approval of the prototype should not have any direct connection to release of the last subkit. As long Vans has all of their required paperwork done for the kits and other supporting documentation, then it should be possible. I am guessing that for each subkit, they have had much of the documentation done in advance of actually releasing the subkit to the market.

See this progress report. It states the package has not been submitted yet. I beleive that the mile stone that must be passed in order to submit this package is the completion of all the subkits. I hope the feds do act swift and lots of Rv-12's are at Osh.

http://www.vansaircraft.com/images/RV-12/RV-12_march_update.pdf

Last word I got from Van's is that they are working diligently to get the S-LSA cert. Initial certification is not easy or quick. I've been through it with American Legend and Indus Aviation. Van is making sure that everything is done right and nothing is being overlooked.
It's like a sign I used to have over my desk at Texas Instruments; "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?"