JerryH

I just finished my first 1.5 hours of transition training (and flight review) in an SLSA in Phoenix. The company offering the aircraft is Flying-Cacti, LLC owned by Frank Hoepfner. My instructor was our own RFSchaller, a memeber of this forum. He has a lot of RV-12 time and is a great instructor. Flying-Cacti also offers other services you can read about on the website. I am not connected to this business in any way but wanted to share my experience with others who may be looking for these services here in the desert southwest.

Like Jerry I also can vouch for Flying Cacti and their RV12 as well as instructor Rich Schaller. All are based at KGEU in west Phoenix.

I recently flew about 7.5 hours in the 12 with Rich for transition training, BFR and check out in the 12 as well as to knock off some rust and fix a couple of bad habits.

As a renter I'm looking forward to building more time in the 12. It's brand new now with about 50 hours. In particular owner Frank H. elected to buy it with the dual Garmin G3X Touch panel setup including autopilot. It's a sweet TAA.

As for Rich, well he's the best. (Now he'll really have a canopy clearance problem.)

Last edited:
Thanks, Jan, maybe I should run for public office --- but knowing who my parents were might be an impediment!😜

Rich