jte65

Well Known Member
I am sure Doug watches these types of things routinely but has anyone else noticed that despite being Van's newest model, the RV-12 forum activity now ranks only behind the RV-7 and RV-8 in terms of total posts? I have watched this creep up and overtake the other models. Similar for number of threads- it is moving toward the top as well. Certainly a very active and interested set of folks on this forum. Probably also reflects the fact that many of the -12 builders are first-timers and have more questions. Either way, like many others, this forum has been invaluable as I have progressed through my build the past 18 months. It has saved me countless hours of rework and mistakes. The hints also lead to a better build at the end of the day.

I am sure Doug watches these types of things routinely but has anyone else noticed that despite being Van's newest model, the RV-12 forum activity now ranks only behind the RV-7 and RV-8...
I would guess that the fact the the RV-12 is new is the reason there are so many posts. With new things, there is more to learn and share. Things are pretty well established for the older models.

I must admit, I have owned and flow the -3, -6a, 9a, -10, and flown in a -4. Not sure which one is the best, but the -12 is right there with the best of them. They all have their missions, and the -12 fits right into the product line as an LSA. I love them all!