flion

Well Known Member
Sorry, I saw the similarly titled thread in the RV-12 section and it made me think of this (no disrespect to 12-step programs intended).

So, I'll start. Hi, my name's Pat and I'm an RV builder...

Step 1 - I am unable to stop building and my hangar has become crowded and unmanageable thereby.

Step 2 - Only a Power greater than me can restore me to sanity ... but she keeps letting me buy new kits.

Step 3 - I have made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of my higher Power. Besides, she's a better cook.

Step 4 - I have made a fearless and searching inventory of my kits and I still come up short.

Step 5 - I have admitted to God and everyone that I can't stop building.

Step 6 - I am prepared to have EAA or his Tech Counselor point out my defects for correction.

Step 7 - I have prayed for divine help in removing the 'oops' and other faults from my projects.

Step 8 - I have made a list of all those who I abused for help in order that I may return the favor.

Step 9 - I have repaid everyone possible, even at the risk of feeding the obsession of a "repeat offender".

Step 10 - I continue to inventory my parts and submit orders to ACS as I find shortfalls.

Step 11 - I have sought through the plans and numerous calls to Vans support to better understand the design and Richard Van Grunsven's plan for His pilots.

Step 12 - Having had a successful first flight, I have tried to carry this message to other builders, and to practice these principles in all my projects.