tboyett

I know I have seen at least one vendor selling stabilator tips, but cannot find his contact info. Any help trying to find vendors of tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom, talk to Jetguy. He is in Tx. and has all kind of neat stuff for the -12. He will probably chime in after while.

Tips by Clint Hoese

Client is in Texas and can be reached at:

830-438-2211
[email protected]

A few photos of the tips

tips3.jpg

tips painted.jpg

My RV12 is an EAB and did the tips during the build.

Hi guys, what are the benefits of the tips? Is it looks or performance or both? And does it keep the 12 from being registered ELSA?
Thanks Joe RV-120055

Hi guys, what are the benefits of the tips? Is it looks or performance or both? And does it keep the 12 from being registered ELSA?
Thanks Joe RV-120055

Performance gain - likely none.
Performance loss - small amount of payload because of increase in empty weight (and possibly because of further aft C.G. position).

Anything installed that didn't come in the kit from Van's, should make you unable to get E-LSA, if you install it prior to certification. It would be allowed to install it after certification.

Performance gain - likely none.
Performance loss - small amount of payload because of increase in empty weight (and possibly because of further aft C.G. position).

Anything installed that didn't come in the kit from Van's, should make you unable to get E-LSA, if you install it prior to certification. It would be allowed to install it after certification.

Ditto I agree with rvbuilder2002

I did it for looks only

As long as we are picking nits, it also makes the stabilator wider than the 8 foot maximum for legal towing in some places.

oops, my traveled 300 miles round trip. But I think everyone would look at it and say is that an airplane verses is that load too wide

LOL

Stabilator Tips

We like the look.
We are EAB.
They had to be removed to fit in the spray booth.
A simple 5 minute job.

all pts maneuvers
top speed level flight
max turns/ climbs
stalls and spin recovery
we beat the poo out of the air plane for a good hour it was fun
the only difference we noticed was a slight nose down trim
all this was done a while back when i first posted on here in march
the owner of the plane posted on here all his remarks but the thread has long since been gone
he still flies the plane regularly last i checked he had 70 hours since installation with no problems or complaints.
i would not post something on here if there was anything unsafe about my product.
i'm sure there will be a few people on here ready to pick apart anything anyone posts but i am sure it is more because they have nothing better to do. if you dont like the looks or idea of stabilizer tips then dont put them
on your plane.
hope this clears up any concerns about the stabilizer tips i designed.
if you have a problem with them send them back and i will give you a full refund. so far a have sold 30 something sets and none of them have been returned. i have gotten many emails saying thanks and good job though

as for now have a great day and fly safe! :)
[email protected]