Thanks DR. Looks like a simple fix, glad to see it!

Okay guys, who will be the first to fire up their RV-12?

Please be carefull! This is not a race (I know it's exciting, but be careful!) This is a new bird, and new engine. PLEASE proceed with caution!

Last edited:
RVators,

I need to clarify with anyone that has done this....

Our kit shipped post 11 Sept 2009 the date of this Service Bulletin.
It has been installed but not been powered up yet.

Step 1: Remove the 965 335 Connector Housing from the 965 347 Rectifier
Regulator. See Page 45-05, Figure 1: DONE

Step 2: Remove the WH-P45 (YEL) wire and spade connector from the L position in the 965 335 Connector Housing. See Page 45-05, Figure 2. There is a small tab on the spade connector that must be depressed by inserting a small thin object into the side of the connector housing without wires (the side that abuts the 965 347 Rectifier Regulator) alongside the flat side of the spade connector. Once this tab is pressed down the spade terminal will unlock and slide out of the connector housing. DONE

Step 3: Cut the WH-P45 (YEL) wire approximately 1 inch from where the wire
splits from a single wire into two wires. ????

Step 4: Cover the cut end of the WH-P45 (YEL) wire with heatshrink. ????

So basically we need to remove the WH-P45 (YEL) wire complete from the harness and Rectifier and insulate the cut out portion???

Rudy You need to remove the wire from the L position and maintain the wire at the C position

Rudy You need to remove the wire from the L position and maintain the wire at the C position

Hey Mrt890,

call me blind but i dont see where they say to put the wire back into position C in the service bulletin, hence my confusion...

Small yellow wire

I confirm that the small yellow wire connects to terminal "C" of the voltage regulator. Be advised that when the master switch is turned on, this small yellow wire is connected directly to the battery without any fuse protection. I recommend that this small yellow wire be protected by a fuse at the control panel end.
Joe