N223JH

Well Known Member
I know this is short notice but we just finalized today... $175 for dynamic prop balance administered by IA. This Thursday at Bulverde Airpark (1T8) just north of San Antonio. Sorry, I don't have equipment details--it's computer setup with bullseye/strobe. Three RV-12's signed up. Starting 9AM. PM me for details and I can get back to you. I have no financial interest in this enterprise and I'll be paying $175 no matter how many planes he does.

Jim

Reiley, I don't know. My guess is that he would be happy to accommodate another plane or two. We didn't bring that up. We just set the price up for 3 or more RV's. I will try and get a definitive answer and post it.

Jim

OK, I checked with the prop balance guy. He can handle 3 more planes above what is scheduled. PM me if you are interested.

Jim

An RV12 takes me about 2 hours due to the fact that weights have to be drilled and installed on the spinner bulkhead, and usually the spinner has to be R&R'd twice to tweak it after the "final" install. Sounds like he is going to have his hands full doing 6 in a day (and I need to raise my price) :eek:

Dynamic Balance

I can only say the job Walt did on my RV12 (twice! before and after hub) was very deliberate and accurate (.03 ips). It did take two hours and he was able to provide me with signed and sealed documentation. It is a shame this guy is charging $175...that is not the going price in this area. But then, I can't blame the guy for getting what he can. Hopefully he plans to get you each down below .07 or they will never notice the difference (though their plane will). P.S. Make sure it's the the real system from DSI, not the Dynavibe. There is a reason.

Pete

Last edited: