Avenger V

I recently installed the AERA 550 in place of the 496 as it is discontinued. The installation is straight forward. Cut hole 6.5" X 4.25" . Make two strips 1" X 4.50" .040 aluminum. Rivet strips using four holes in panel mount. Strips are for mounting Gizmo. You must use Gizmo to turn 550 on and off. Order wiring harness for AERA with nine pin connector. Plug in. Done. I chose the 550 because I am not using XM. Got a better source and cheaper.

Ron Russ

Avenger V, RV9A, RV12

2qnpnps.jpg

2hcep3t.jpg

Question?

Ron will the nine pin connector hook up to the Dynon 180 and provide all the info that the 496 would provide?

I recently installed the AERA 550 in place of the 496 as it is discontinued. The installation is straight forward. Cut hole 6.5" X 4.25" . Make two strips 1" X 4.50" .040 aluminum. Rivet strips using four holes in panel mount. Strips are for mounting Gizmo. You must use Gizmo to turn 550 on and off. Order wiring harness for AERA with nine pin connector. Plug in. Done. I chose the 550 because I am not using XM. Got a better source and cheaper.

Ron Russ

Avenger V, RV9A, RV12

QUOTE]

Hi Ron,

Did you get an approval from Van's for the modification to remain ELSA or are you going EAB?

What you have done looks great, thanks for the pictures.

Best regards,
Vern