DaveLS

Well Known Member
KIA page 29A-05 revision 4 dtd 07/03/14

Step 6

Do the side edges of the F-1202B Panel Base align with the F-1255 Longeron vertex (like the F-1205 Roll Bar Attach Plates) or with the outboard edge of the F-1270 Side Skins (0.025 inch overhang like the F-1234 Canopy Decks)?

Step 6 of the plans merely sayes to make the left and right edges of the F-1202B Canopy base parallel with the F-1255 longerons.

A search did not turn up an answe.

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:
Here is where you find out how well you did on those longerons. The panel base should finish up flush with the outer face of the angle. The side skin and the panel base should form a 'corner' if that makes sense to you

DaveH

Follow up

Thanks DaveH for your input.

I called Vans' builders help this morning. Their reponce was that either alignment would work.

BUT, After some thought they recommended having the F-1202B Panel Base left and right edges overlap the top edge of the F-1270 Side Skins. This will protect the side skin upper edge when the canopy is lowered. In other words just like the F-1235 Canopy Decks.

-Dave

Last edited:
Looking back to section 23-06, step 2, the side skin position is called out. I think this should dictate where the panel base finishes up. Don't think its an either/or thing
Cheers, DaveH

Last edited:
DaveH, you are correct in that section 23-6, step 2 specifies that the top edge of the side skins is set to the vertex of the longerons. Section 23 sayes nothing about the placement of the F-1202B Panel Base. My question was about the alignment of the F-1202B Panel Base edges with the longerons/side skins.

-Dave