mangan01

I'm New Here
Iam not able to get the intercomm to work have no side tone and pass side not working at all. played with pilot side finally got it to xmit and rcv still no side tone.
have reset sl40 settings to no avail.
Does anyone have the pinouts and color codes for intercomm and radio and jacks.

thanks Dennis

Isolate switch?

Iam not able to get the intercomm to work have no side tone and pass side not working at all. played with pilot side finally got it to xmit and rcv still no side tone.
have reset sl40 settings to no avail.
Does anyone have the pinouts and color codes for intercomm and radio and jacks.

thanks Dennis

Be sure the intercom isolate switch is not on. On Isolate, the intercom does not work, there no voice activated side tone. However, pilots side the radio should work and give you a transmitt side tone.

Just a thought, best to check the obvious first.

Tony

intercomm problems

Thanks for your replies. I did manage to get the pilot side working xmit and rcv and all I did was resolder the mic jack leads to the jack. I still cannot talk to passenger or xmit from pass side and no intercomm. I can hear pass if I push and hold PTT. I have no volume or squelch control on the intercomm. I have
had the unit ckd out and it is good. the mic jack is isolated from fuse and the hdphone is grounded. I have the SL40 set for xternal intercomm. still need pinouts for the comm system.

Hey thanks guys
will go out tomorrow and use the wiring diagrams you all sent.
I was out today and thought I had it fixed. On the ground it worked just fine and was ok when I taxied out ,but as soon as i went to take off and xmit all anyone could hear was the engine. When I ohm out the mic jack to frame it is grounded just like the hdphone. it has the isolate washers installed and still it is grounded to frame and that is both pilot and pass jacks. will trace wires tomorrow.

thanks Dennis

When I ohm out the mic jack to frame it is grounded just like the headphone. it has the isolate washers installed and still it is grounded to frame and that is both pilot and pass jacks.
That is normal. The MIC cable is grounded at the intercom end. The ohmmeter does not know which end is grounded.
Perhaps the MIC wires have been inadvertently swapped at the intercom connector. Ring out all of the wires that connect to the intercom to make sure they are in the correct holes.
Joe Gores