Gym

I'm New Here
Has anyone modified using solid flush rivets instead of cherrymax round heads to put together the wings and fuselage skin? If so, did it effect, or would it effect the LSA cert.?
I've talked to several folks who restore aircraft that made the comment that flush, "flat head" rivets would give the aircraft a stronger bond and would increase fuel economy and airspeed.

Last edited:
Don't know about the bond but, I think you would lose the E-LSA status. I seem to recall reading years ago, something to the effect that in the speed ranges that the 12 operates in and the power that it operates with, there is little or no benefit to the flush rivets. I could be mistaken about that. One of the more knowledgeable will enlighten us soon.

Flushed Rivets

This has been discussed many times on the form. Feel free to use the search functions. Here is a link for such a thread.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=62710&highlight=flush+rivets

To build as a E-LSA you cannot deviate from the Plans. But if you wish to build EAB the you can change anything you want. If you build it as an EAB and stay in the operating perimeters of an LSA you can fly it exercising LSA rules.
Good Luck