I'm one of those smug loyal customers who has already bought everything (including powerplant) and received my private, embossed, Skyview invitation last week. I immediately faxed the completed form with credit card info for down payment and mailed a check for the balance that afternoon. Received an email confirmation from Van's later stating they'd be contacting me within two to three weeks. They're filling the Skyview kits in the order of when their smug, loyal customers purchased their powerplant kits. I picked up my Rotax at Van's on 5/13/2011. Hope I'm near the top of the list. Will advise when I hear something.

Not so fast! Engine bought February 2011, he said ever-so-smugly and loyally.

Regarding the warranty - a couple months ago I read all the engine warranty posts then went to some Canadian website to do the registration - and did not succeed. So I called Lockwood. I faxed them my information and they registered me. AND on a later call they told me that they took care of that "extended warranty" thing when they registered me. They told me to LOG the date of the first engine run. Then, IF I have a warranty claim, to be able to produce a copy of that logged date (and not to "send anything in" when I run the engine the first time.) Kudos to Lockwood!

Man!!! You mean to tell me that I'm not in the top two?! Beginning to wonder just how many of those other smug, loyal customers are going to be ahead of me in line!