Geico266

Well Known Member
I have a few questions about the Dynon D180.

How can we stop the oil pressure, volt, & amp reading from jumping around?

I've noticed my AH & slip ball "osolating" when I fly straight & level. The AH looks like I'm moving the stick 1-2 degrees when in fact I'm doing nothing, same with the slip indicator. It is a little turbulant, but not as much as the D180 is indicating.

Any ideas Dynon support guy?

Jumpy readings almost always come down to bad connections or bad grounds.....

What is your airspeed/alt doing during these AH and Ball issues?

Larry,

Have you calibrated the compass yet including proper inclination and intensity settings for your location? As I understand, until calibrated the Dynon EFIS compass function can interpret changes in pitch as changes in heading. I know my Dynon auto pilot was horrible, actually unusable in heading mode until I calibrated the compass.

Yes, as far as I know I have calibrated it per the instruction manual on the ground and in the air. I also have entered the two pieces of data they want you to enter.

Larry

Make sure you enter the two bits of data before you do the calibration, also make sure the magnatometer is mounted at the same angle as the panel.

The oil temps etc suggest a grounding issue.......and that will be fun to fix! :D

Did you use any small restrictors in the line for the oil pressure etc? Of course this has nothing to do with the other items.

DB :cool: