DNicholas

I'm New Here
Can some of the "vetrans" out there break down how many hours were utilzed on each section of their RV 12 construction? To date we have about 275 hours in the plane and we are approximatley half way through the fuselage construction. Is 700-800 hours realistic for completion?
Thanks
Dwight

First time builder at 816 hours. Very careful. Have completed EVERYTHING except the avionics kit (waiting for Skyview) and took my time. Including lights and wheel pants.

Is 700-800 hours realistic for completion?

If you're not priming everything but only what they tell you to, I think 800 hrs is very realistic for a first time builder. That is for finishing the basic plane, no paint job or anything included except for the interior paint.

Sounds about right. Here's from someone else's web page

Total Time for the Project
Total Time - 1121 Hours (For a newbie-builder, Lots of learning time.)

Engine Kit and Final Assembly - 191 Hours
Avionics Kit - 43 Hours
Finish Kit - 290 Hours
Fuselage Kit - 285 Hours
Empennage Kit - 137 Hours
Wing Kit - 175 Hours

Deburring

Looking back over my campaign to construct Kit #221, I spent WAY too much time sanding and deburring edges. For instance, the entire month of November 2009 was dedicated solely to smoothing edges on wing ribs. The edges on wing and fuselage skins were also fussed over too much. They're awful purty, but probably not worth the painstaking effort.

Sounds about right. Here's from someone else's web page

Total Time for the Project
Total Time - 1121 Hours (For a newbie-builder, Lots of learning time.)

Engine Kit and Final Assembly - 191 Hours
Avionics Kit - 43 Hours
Finish Kit - 290 Hours
Fuselage Kit - 285 Hours
Empennage Kit - 137 Hours
Wing Kit - 175 Hours

Those look like my numbers!!!! The wing kit was first for the early bunch. And the best part, it flies magnificently!!