Alschief

Well Known Member
I was just notified that Cleveland Tools has RV12 canopy covers!
The Part Number is # RVCC12 is not yet listed on their website.
They are selling them at $210 each.
Please let Annette know if you are interested.
We just purchased one today.
-----------
Cleaveland Aircraft Tool
www.cleavelandtool.com
515-432-6794

Who's making them? What material do they use? And is it lightweight, foldable for travel or more rugged for permanent outdoor parking?

fabric detereration

FABRIC DETERERATION

I have had a Van?s cover for about two years. Started having fabric rips about a year ago. I estimate that I have used the cover for a total of 50 days over this period.
Fabric has become weak and rips when under tension.

It is light. Maybe too light

I do not know the material of construction. Perhaps Mike of Cleveland Tools will chime in with the information.

RDOG makes a nice one out of tyvek. It weighs nothing, fits in a pouch behind the passenger seat.;)

I agree

RDOG makes a nice one out of tyvek. It weighs nothing, fits in a pouch behind the passenger seat.;)

We have one of RDOG's canopy covers also--haven't put too many days worth of wear and tear on it, since we're mostly hangared, but the materials, workmanship, compact size, and light weight make for a really nice item.

The biggest gripe I have with the Vans cover is that it is just about impossible to put it on by yourself in anything above a light breeze. That could have been fixed by making attachment points on the steps (fabric loops to hook on the steps).