Geico266

Well Known Member
It is hard to believe it has been a year since I received my airworthiness certificate. Next month my annual is due so I decided to start a thread for anyone to add "findings" of any areas to concentrate on / inspect.

I will need to pull the tank and inspect all flight controls and fuel lines for sure, and pull the dash to inspect for wire chaffing, ect.

Someone posted about adding bushings to the cable lines to keep the stabilator cables from rubbing on the bulkheads. Good catch!

Also, the nylock nuts used to hold the throttle cable to the carb are not a good idea firewall forward so those should be changed, IMHO (and in the opinion of the OSH judges.)

This would be a good time to add the oil thermostat also.

If you find any issues specifically for the -12 post them here.

Don't tell anyone

But I added snap bushings on the aft two bulkheads where the stab cables pass through in spite of there not being any in the plans. The AI who did the condition inspection that the local FSDO wants Ok'd that, but strongly recommended the installation of pulleys entwhere there's more than a 10 deg bend-- i.e, at the fron bulkgead where the cables enter the tunnel and aft bulkhead where they exit.

Wayne 120241

Oil Thermostat?

OK Larry, I was dozing again...tell me about the 'oil thermostat'.
thanks
Meade and George

How to - - - -

RV-12OilTherm100_1276.jpg

RV-12OilTherm100_1272.jpg

OilThermostatfactoryinfosheet.jpg

98% by-pass. Works great. Saves warmup time, and gas ! In colder climates, worth doing.

John Bender