danielabernath

Well Known Member
I somehow have acquired a 6 amp and a 12 amp charger for the Odyssey battery. Both have the bayonnet type connector.
I tried the 12 amp but nothing happened. Was my RV 12 trying to tell me something?

Which should I use?

I somehow have acquired a 6 amp and a 12 amp charger for the Odyssey battery. Both have the bayonnet type connector.
I tried the 12 amp but nothing happened. Was my RV 12 trying to tell me something?

Which should I use?

The 6 amp charger should work fine for the PC680 in the RV12. After you hook up the charger to the battery then plug it into 110v it then defaults to trickle charge. When the charge button is pushed the charger starts charging the battery and the yellow lights on the panel begin to light up starting from the bottom and climbing to the top until the battery is fully charged. Then after detecting a full charge the charger will automatically switch to trickle charge and the lights go out. If the battery is already fully charged when you push the charge button the charger will sense the fully charged condition and quickly change to trickle charge and skip the charge portion altogether. Is this what is happening in your situation? I assume the 12 amp works the same way.;)