TSwezey

Well Known Member
I am going to fly into Triple Tree this weekend and should I have any problems with my wheel pants and the grass runway there?

I have over 200 hours flying off of a grass runway in my RV-10 with no problems.

Rob Hickman
N401RH RV-4 N402RH RV-10

Triple Tree is really nice and you should not have any problems going into it with the -10... We flew into it with that -10 that you flew along from OSH and no damage to wheelpants at all.. it's a really nice strip....

I'm sure you could find a grass strip that's rough enough to do the damage.. but I don't think that Triple Tree is it..

It's doing well with about 70 hours on it. Our biggest problem right now is the transponder well actually now its in the wiring between the transonder and the antenna. The engine is runs great. Alot of fun on take-off. I have to get my AC hooked up one of these days. The weather has really stopped more flights.

Todd,
Tell your co-owner to picture landing the 10 one of the fairways at Augusta National...only wider... :D

It really is that nice.
I told him it is the nicest grass runway in the country. An old instructor from years ago told him to take wheel pants off when landing on grass. It is still engraved in his brain.

our wheel pants were thin as egg shells and lasted as well on grass.... :mad:

We had to add a cople of layers of reinforcing and repaint :mad::mad:

They seem to be OK now! :)

our wheel pants were thin as egg shells and lasted as well on grass.... :mad:

We had to add a cople of layers of reinforcing and repaint :mad::mad:

They seem to be OK now! :)
My nose wheel pant was thin as shells and didn't survive the nose wheel shimmy one time.