jordan

I am considering ordering a complete RV10 tool kit. Debating between Cleaveland, Isham, and Avery. I am leaning towards Cleaveland's complete tool kit with there new Squeeze Box they just released at Osh.

Anyone have any opinions on the Squeeze Box?

Also debating on if I should use the C Frame Riveting Tool or upgrade to the DRDT2 Dimpling Tool?

All opinions would be great.

Thanks

I use all three

I have used tools from all 3 vendors and been happy. Most of my tools came from Cleveland and they have always served me well, been on time with shipping, no mistakes, etc. Same goes for Avery. My rivet gun and drill from Isham have worked great. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

I will say that I absolutely hate the "dog leg" deburring tool (the black one) and would recommend the speed debur instead (http://www.averytools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1046). I think the Avery debur tool is easier to use.

The DRDT seems more consistent on the dimples then the c-frame, and it's a ton quieter. I like mine.

I prefer reamers for pre-punched pieces over drill bits as the holes seems to be rounder and less of a burr to deal with. You might want to pick up a few reamers in #30 and #40.

Definitely recommend a tungsten bucking bar...I don't know how I lived without that thing.

I also prefer the Avery hand squeezer over the Cleveland Main Squeeze. I can squeeze a rivet with one hand using the Avery, but not with the main squeeze because the handles are too far apart.

No experience with the new squeezer from Cleveland.

Everyone is going to have different opinions because tool choice and use is pretty personal. Try to use as many as you can from local builders. The other mchoice is to take a class at a build center that has tools from the multiple vendors. That's what I did. I ended up buying half from Avery, about a quarter from Cleaveland, and the rest from various vendors.

Any of the kits from the major vendors will get the job done. Some of the nuances from different individual tool manufacturers make the job a little easier. The question is do you want to spend the time and money to get what may work best for you? The differences aren't significant, but there are indeed differences in both the tool and your ability to use the tool that makes the choice more of an individual one.

I used a pneumatic squeezer and a drdt-2 and was happy with that choice. I don't have any experience with the Cleaveland squeezers.

Bob