Flying again!

Well Known Member
Just renewed my insurance through Falcon with AIG for my RV-10 and got a pleasant surprise. The best rate this year was again with AIG. Insurance went down from $2385 to $1966 (17.6% drop).

For Comparison:
RV-10 535hrs TT
Hangered
PPL: 500 TT
Time in Type: 320
Hull Value: $150K
$1M liability
$100K/pasenger
Premium: $1966

I like the trend!:) I need to get my Instrument rating to drop it another 5% or so.

TJ

2016 Insurance Goes Down Again

Well it is that time of year again for insurance renewal for my RV-10.

Even tough I only flew 27 hours last year (long story but had multiple eye operations and took time to get my Medical approved so lost about 6 months with that), the insurance went down $234 (12%) to $1732.

This year for me AIG was the best price. Hope this trend continues!

TJ

I had a nice reduction as well. Just dropped to $2,095 with $200k hull (RV-10) value. Very pleased with the work they are doing over at Arthur Gallagher.

As I previously posted, I renewed last month (July, USAIG thru Gallagher) and was offered an upgrade on liability coverage from $100K per passenger to $1,000,000 smooth (no per person or passenger sublimits) for $400 extra. Everyone needs to consider their situation, but for myself, I thought this was a great deal, especially when in the past this coverage was not available at any (reasonable) price.

I just got my renewal quote from AIG, it went up $105 from last year despite me breaking the 100-hour mark in type, and they declined to answer my question as to why. Shopping around now...