Jim H

I'm New Here
RV-10 INSULATION KITS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM A COMPANY IN MISSOURI! TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS KIT ........ TRY THEIR WEB SITE@

WWW.SOUNDEXPRODUCTCS.COM

JUST RECEIVED MINE AND HAVE NOT INSTALLED IT YET. I AM GOING TO TAKE A db METER READING BEFORE AND AFTER. NOW WAITING FOR THE db METER.

I WILL REPORT WITH THE RESULTS WHEN FINISHED!

JIM H.

RV-10 Insulation Kit

There price seems really high to me.

Russ Daves
N710RV (flying - out of paint shop this week)

Pretty extensive coverage

I called:

The RV-10 kit is about 22 lbs and is extensive. It is all of the firewall, side wall from FW to aft baggage, floor and roof, so that may be part of the price. The kit is designed to install before the floor is riveted down. The floor insulation goes right on the belly skin, so should be installed during construction.

The RV-7 is 10 lbs. The extent of the RV-7 kit is similar except no roof. The floor insulation just sits on top so you can install it later. I assuem you will want to put carpet down. Not sure how the thickness will work? The insulation is 7/8" and 1-1/8" thickness.

Both kits come with material and templates to cut out the pattern to install.

Last edited:
Flight Line interiors sells the matting for alot less. I used their material and it works great.
You have to cut the pieces but it is not that hard.

3135F Flying and having fun. :) :)

That Flightline stuff is regular garden variety dual sided foil thermal insulation. The SoundEx stuff is a three layer, thermal and sound insulation. I do agree however that the kit is pricey. I plan to buy bulk sheets, rather than the kit, and roll my own only to those areas I deem important.

OOPS - should have checked my math before posting. Four Bose Headsets add up to $4,000 not $400. Sorry about that.

Mark

A cheaper way

Get 4 older headsets, Telex, David Clark, Sigtronics etc, and update with active noise reduction units from Headsets Inc.

They work great, and the price is right.

Mike