RV10Rob

Well Known Member
Hi, all... here's a twist to the "should I get the finishing kit with the rest of the kit" question. I live 200 miles from Aurora, so I'll pick up the QB fuse and wings myself. I'd also like to get the finishing kit at the same time (saves a trip, and as others have pointed out, it's sometimes convenient to do finishing kit tasks early).

My concern is with the space all this stuff will occupy, since I'm building my -10 in a two-car garage. With all the parts in there, will I have any room to work? In the interest of my wife's sanity, I'd like to avoid having the house littered with airplane parts, if possible.

Thanks for your help...

-Rob

That's gonna be tight!

With the QB wings and fuse in the garage already, you're going to be pressed for space. I had both in my two car garage and was constantly dancing around things.
Make sure you have a nice rolling rack for the wings.

Thanks, Andrew... I'm still on the fence on this issue. Anyone have pictures of their uncrated finishing kit? Also, has anyone posted the parts list for each kit online?

Thanks...

-Rob

I've obviously never dealt with this issue, but why not grab a storage unit close to your home? That way, you save the trip up there, save yourself tons of space, etc. Granted, it'll cost you a bit of money to do so, etc., but it may be worth going for, given how much a 400 mile drive stinks. ;)

Mike

Thanks, Mike... not a bad idea. Might be a good place to store the tailcone, as well. Looks like I can get a 5x15 space for $75/mo.

Still looking for a finishing kit inventory list. Anyone?

Thanks...

-Rob