tomhanaway

Well Known Member
Working on a qb 10 fuselage. Working out conduit runs from aft to foreward. All floor panels removed for cleanup and access. I've already set up the back of fuselage to tailcone and wing conduit runs.

Question 1.
Since the main spar only has a low center hole cutout within the tunnel area, do most builders run a wiring conduit up the center tunnel? Given future rudder cable and elevator pushrod placement, is there a "better" low position left, right or bottom center? If not, how are you running antenna and tail strobe lines to panel?

Question 2.
I'm gradually getting my head around the wiring for wings. For the wires, that come in off the wings and into side panels, are you then routing the various wires, antenna leads, etc. through the side panel rear access grommet(currently conduit) and then to instrument panel through the center tunnel conduit mentioned in question 1 above?

I'm not trying to work out connections, wire from panel to wing or wing to panel, etc., here but best way to pass through or over main spar area.

Thanks in advance,
Tom H.
qb fuselage rv-10

Last edited by a moderator:
Run the wires through the existing holes in the door sill area, over the wing. Main battery feed, master control wire etc. The pitot line will go there as well, and fuel sender wiring, tip lighting etc. All will end up covered with a side panel.

Dont forget snap bushings, and caterpillar bushing.

Remember some things are not compatible-----hi voltage strobe wires and electronics in general dont play well together. I would recommend a separate strobe power supply in each wing tip, and one in the tail, rather than a single centrally located power supply.

Extra un needed wiring chases are a lot easier to live with than needed, but nonexistent wiring chases. And they dont weigh much.

Last edited:
Ah-- found the problem.
Mine's a quickbuild. Started working through the manual. Section 25-2.
I never saw the drilled holes on the four F-1004 Center Section Bulkheads.

I had my fuselage up on a mount and the lip of aluminum hid them.

Once those holes were visible, it all became obvious.
Duhhh.
Tom H.

Last edited:
Another hint

If you havent yet riveted the rear floors in, wait until the last.

Also, the front top cowl/instrument panel assembly.

You will likely need to get back into these areas, wiring usually.