jarvis

Well Known Member
I know from previous threads that some folks have installed the -10 pickups in 7/7A tanks--but has anyone mated the wings to the fuse with that arrangement yet? I'm wondering about any fuel line interference/routing problems with the -10 pickup down in the corner of the tank?

Separately, anyone have a part number for the -10 pickups? Can't find them listed--guessing they're in one of the hardware bags?

Hi all, this is my first posting on this forum. I thought it best to ask my question here before asking Vans directly.

Some of you must have tried the RV-10 pickups on your RV-7 by now. How did it work out? What parts did you need to order? The flange is part no. VA-141 but the finger strainer doesn't seem to have a part number. And does the AN adaptor come with the strainer?

Thanks
Phil Maley
Perth, Australia
RV-7A wings in progress.

Finger strainers are a better solution

I installed the RV-10 finger strainer in my RV-7 fuel tanks like you have suggested. I am a few weeks from installing the engine, so I can't give you an operational report. But, I believe it is a far better arrangement than the standard -7 curved tube pickup.

I purchased the flanges and finger strainers from Van's, but I don't have the part numbers. I think I found them by searching "the list". The AN fittings are not included with the finger strainers.

Hi Dave and Greg

Thanks for your kind wishes and very helpful advice. A friend who built a -6 years ago told me that he installed a similar arrangement on his aircraft and he has been grateful for the ease of removal and inspection of the finger strainer. I'm ordering the parts today! I won't be surprised if this fuel pickup arrangement becomes standard in future.

By the way, the RV-10 arrangement can be seen here:
http://www.myrv10.com/Plans/RV10_Plans_sec18-pg01.html

Cheers
Phil Maley
Perth, Australia
RV-7A wings in progress.

Fuel pickups

Hi Paul

I went ahead and ordered two VA-141 flanges at $20 each and two VA-261 finger strainers at $17.80 each. The catalog also mentions an AN816-6-6D adaptor but I'm not sure if they are needed. I ordered two of those just in case at $3.27 each.

I sent an email to Vans on Monday asking for advice and Joe Blank has kindly replied with a diagram of the RV-10 pickup arrangement which confirmed I had picked the right parts.

Off to do my biennial flight review today in my old Tripacer.

Cheers all
Phil Maley