rv8grover

Piloted by myself on December 16, 2007 RV-10 N324RG took flight from Propwash Airport located in Justin, Texas. After almost 4 years, and roughly 2600 building hours and weighing in at 1658 lbs., kit # 40063 took to the air. The powerplant is the TMX IO-540 and propeller is a Hartzell blended airfoil. The equipment list includes a Grand Rapids EFIS, EIS 6000 engine monitor, PMA8000, GNS430, GTX330, SL-30, 496, and Sorcerer autopilot. The RV10 is a sweeeeet ride. You can view the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwVrg1Mr5k

I am a repeat offender (RV8 # 80133) so thanks again to my wife for all the help and support and to Vans for another great design. Thanks also go to Alex DeDoninicis for the checkout, and to my son, Troy Grover (Grov-Air, Inc.) for flying down from Indiana to help prepare for the first flight and for flying the chase plane.
Ron Grover

Nice job!

Anytime a human being can take a bunch of metal, fasteners, plastic, and build a vehicle that leaves the earth is a great day indeed.

Well done!

Congratulations Ron!!!!

I was in Dallas a few months ago and had the opportunity to have dinner with Wayne Edgerton, Ron, and his wife. Afterwards, Ron invited us over to his house for a tour of his airplane factory. Ron (and Wayne for that matter) have hangars that most of us would drool over. However, Ron still built his RV-10 in the garage with the hangar ten feet away. Something about wanting a/c during the Texas summers. I was very impressed with Ron’s skills as a builder. It was clearly one of the best built RV-10s that I’ve seen to date.

Ron I would like to see some pictures of your interior and panel if possible.

So when is Troy going to finish his RV-10? The pictures on his website are quite dated.

Cool!!!

Ron:

Congratulations. When I spoke to you at LOE I didn't realize you were that close to flying. Looks like a great airplane. I look forward to seeing it up close.

Chris :)

Last I talked to Troy he was on wing skins so It'll be a little while longer before his 1st flight.

Hmmm..... Paying customers must be distracting him, or perhaps the loom in the garage is getting in the way :)

He was working on the wings when I took his class a year ago.

Both Troy's and Ron's riveting skills are second to none. Both do great work. Hopefully Troy will be flying soon.

bob

Ron's RV-10

Way to go Ron. Is Grady going to also do your paint job?

By the way is Wayne your co-pilot?

Best regards,

Russ Daves
N710RV

Congratulations, My son Evan and I took Troy's two day RV course Nov. 2006 and then started RV 10 Emp. by end of Dec. Troy, his wife and two girls made our weekend fly. Nice young family!