vic syracuse

Well Known Member
I saw a thread on the matronics list regarding the RV10 FAA designator. For thos of us who have been flying a while, it has been a pain to file, as we used HXB/G, and then put RV-10 in the Remarks section, as per our operating limitations. I spoke with the DUAT team earlier this Fall, and sure enough, they had their new release over Thanksgiving, and now we can use RV10/G. It is now an accepted FAA designator. I still put the Experimental remarks in the flight plan. I have verified multiple times in the last 3 weeks that it works.
(I guess it was assumed all RV-10's would be "/g" :))
Vic

Not for me

Hi Vic,
I got so fed up with all the **** on Duats, trying to file that I gave up and called the flight service. Dan's site (weathermeister.com), is just absolutely a joy to use and saved my bacon last week on a trip to Florida and back, then again yesterday when just about all of the South was LIFR.

Gummint just can't get it right :mad:

Cheers,

Pieere, you are right. I don't like DUATS either. I do have luck using DUAT (www.duat.com). Especially since you can preload stuff in myduat, then the flight plans are a lot quicker. I don't know if you have tried the AOPA realtime flightplanner, but that seems to work OK, too. And it can connect to DUAT and overlay the weather, and file the flight plans. Gotta love the internet...there are so many options out there now. :)

Take care.

Vic