I hate it when I hear of any aircraft going down. However, when all on board are ok... it's much better news. As they say, planes can be rebuilt....

Whew

It's hard to describe the feelings of reading a post like this. Thanks for putting "all OK" in the title. First, it's "oh no!" accompanied by a slight chill of the upper spine. Then, "is it someone I know?" Then "Thank God all are OK." We can deal with the other -far less important - questions later.

Last edited:
It's hard to describe the feelings of reading a post like this. Thanks for putting "all OK" in the title. First, it's "oh no!" accompanied by a slight chill of the upper spine. Then, "is it someone I know?" Then "Thank God all are OK." We can deal with the other questions later.

AMEN!!!!!!

Glad everyone is safe. Good question about the baggage door. That really is the only thing I don't like about the gill wing doors on the ten. What if a fire had broken out? That's a long scramble to get out of that tiny door!

It was not clear nor I could verify what caused a failure, but Media says all 4 had only minor injuries including one child, now, what worries most is the nose always broking and putting tri gear upside down

Before you start speculating, that nose gear leg looks fine. In the nose gear failures for 2-place RVs where the nose gear fails, the leg often curls under. Mine bent back to the point the wheel pant penetrated the rear of the bottom cowl. There are other reasons planes flip on off-field landings; let's not be too hasty to blame the nose gear.

Milwaukee Hackzall

This is when you have one of those "Milwaukee Hackzall's" on board as suggested by some bright soul here on VAF about a year ago. If you were on fire, you could cut your way out in about 30 seconds to a minute. You could literally cut your airplane in half from inside with one of these things. I've got one permanently installed in my RV 8----just in case.:eek: