Geico266

Well Known Member
The outboard hinge bracket is P/N # A-1006 and 2 each are needed, one per side.

The inboard hinge bracket is called out as P/N A-1007-L. They are not the same so what is the P/N for each bracket? A-1007-R does not come up.

I'm looking at Page 21-3 & 21-8. How am I not seeing the P/N for the left & right aileron?

Last edited:
If I remember correctly from doing mine, I also didn't have a part A-1007R. I had 2 A-1007 (no left or right specified) and I had to pick one for left and right based off of the orientation of the dimpled hole for the countersunk screw in the upper bolt hole.

Eric Kallio
40518 floors and side panels

If I remember correctly from doing mine, I also didn't have a part A-1007R. I had 2 A-1007 (no left or right specified) and I had to pick one for left and right based off of the orientation of the dimpled hole for the countersunk screw in the upper bolt hole.

Eric Kallio
40518 floors and side panels

I'll have to give Van's a call. I need to order a set, but I know they are not the same PN. I read the plans for an hour trying to find it.:(

Thanks for your reply. I

1007 PN

Check bag 1215 . I have a 1007L and a 1007R. Was part of the inventory as two separate items so check your inventory and see if there is two of the 1007 or one L and one R.
Received my kit in Sept 2007

Check bag 1215 . I have a 1007L and a 1007R. Was part of the inventory as two separate items so check your inventory and see if there is two of the 1007 or one L and one R.
Received my kit in Sept 2007

I finally got it figured out. Just taking a little time to get used to the Van's system. It's amazing once you catch onto to it.

Make sure these brackets are 100% straight before you rivet them together or else the ailerons will not fit correctly.