Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Never say never but not likely.

The Tesla RV - Currently in another thread

Prev discussed in old threads.
RV-38 - After the P-38. Only need several wrecked 8’s to salvage parts.
RV-82 - After the F-82 Twin Mustang. Just a few more salvage 8’s.

And this one just came to mind…..The RV-17 modeled after the beautiful Beech Model 17 Staggerwing. Since the 15 now exists, an extra wing kit on the bottom. Clip the wings. Just think of that range with 4 fuel tanks.

After all, if we can dream about making an EV RV fly, we can dream of things that at least could fly.

I was doodling a twin RV8 and didn't realize it was discussed in the forum before. Unfortunately, the engines is cost prohibitive for this project today. I wonder if the more reasonably priced O-320 can be used since there are two of them, making a combined 320HP. This should make a twin-RV8 a rocket ship. Perfect for a future Roswell National Air Racing league. It can replace the unlimited class

I ran the idea through my semi-fertile mind about a twin -8. With the structural strengthening needed and extra fuel, it wouldn’t really have anything on a Rocket.

Hmm, unless it had RR250 turboprops and was only meant for an hour or so plus VFR reserve. It’d be an express elevator, but what is the maximum potential speed for the wing before drag is too high?