Vlad

Well Known Member
Ladies, Gentlemen and Airplanes,
After lurking here since 2005 it's time to say PRIVET (hello) and SPASIBO (thank you). It has happened. The 9A is on the wheels, new Lycoming will be picked up in two weeks and Catto's work of art is patiently waiting on bedroom wall. In no way it would be possible without this wonderful and intelligent community. Real comradeship of RV builders and owners. Essays of Ironflight, Bob Collins and Mickey (where else airplanes could write,think and talk) charged me for next day, encyclopaedic knowledge of George,WCurtis and Mel gave me confidence in things in doubt and perfectionists Scott and Tanya (or should I say perfect family?) became examples of doing things correct and visualize it. Thank you guys for maintaining extensive websites - Jerry Thorne, Mike Shipper, Walter and other celebrities. My progress would definitely be much slower without "inventors". Thank you John Lewandowski for you rear spar drill jig and wheel pants box idea. Thank you Vern Little - almost all your ideas I used. List can go on with chief motivators - Scott Schmidt, Pete Howell, Ted Chang ... page is too short to list.
And of course The Boss (NACHAL'NIK) Doug Reeves thanks for maintaining VAF clean, secure and litter free! My annual donation is on the way!

Respectfully, Vlad Karpayev RV9A N666BK

Hi Vlad,

Welcome and glad you finally posted. I see things are coming along with the 9 since we met at the Mattituck engine build seminar and at OSH '07. I can't remember her name but I ran into your build partner at KUKT a few weeks back. Post some pictures.

thanks William

Long time I didn't see you William though I regularly search your website for ideas. Jayne decided to go non-RV and bought an Arrow share at Quakertown. She is my only helper and always ready when I need help. I will post some pictures of the status as soon as I figure out how to do it.
Regards, Vlad

Welcome aboard Vlad, and privet!

I have had the pleasure of meeting RV builders in Moscow - glad to see we have Russian buiulders here in the US as well. Hopefully we'll run into eachother at a fly-in when your -9A is flying,

Paul

Kirk and Paul RV "fighters" posted together

Good sign! Kirk I would like to join your Bahamas formation someday. Can I book a slot say 2011?

Paul, I know those guys in Moscow. And they remember you. They went professional and are using skilled riveters from MIG factory. Their machines are beautiful!

Good to hear from you.

Great job and welcome.
Looking forward to hearing more progress from you and hopefully flying together someday.

Chief Motivator Scott himself!

Scott I am speechless when I see pictures and trip write ups you are posting. I would like to meet you sometime and shake your hand. My deepest respect,
Vlad

LOE 2012

I will see you there Doug. Now I can see light in the end of the tunnel and I can plan.

Blush

Ladies, Gentlemen and Airplanes....

....In no way it would be possible without this wonderful and intelligent community. Real comradeship of RV builders and owners. Essays of Ironflight, Bob Collins and Mickey (where else airplanes could write,think and talk) charged me for next day...

Respectfully, Vlad Karpayev RV9A N666BK

He likes me! He really likes me! Wow!

So, you say the Russian-built RVs are really beautiful. Any chance you can hook me up with one? :cool:

Last edited:
Youse guys.......

Great thread! Y'all brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eyes. This (greatest) hobby on the planet is truly International! Hope to meet those of you I haven't already and to see those of you that I have again real soon.

Yes Mikey

Mikey I can hook you up with one. Just do not tell Val...
In Russia they call them Cetus... PM me for pictures...

Privet Hawkeye7A

You are right truly International. A guy from Ukraine will show up soon...
BTW I am heading to KIGM on Nov the 7th, do you know any RVs around there?

John you have real Siberian climate overe there!

quote John Lewandowski:
Vlad, thank you for your kind words on the VAF site, I too am greatful for all the help and tips I get from the other members and sites. My user name on VAF is johnl. Still working on the fairings and wheel pants, but today I'm getting the snowblowers ready, 41 degrees this morning. John.

John, my pleasure. Glad I've met you that day when I was waiting to catch a demo ride, the only pictures I have to prove I was there.

Welcome Vlad

I hope you can soon return the favor and post some motivational words and pictures for the next crop of RV Addicts.

Sure I will Pete

That's how The Circle starts again. And I will tell them to take their Ham Exam early in the building stage... Regards, KC2TPD

Welcome!

Vlad,

Welcome to the world of RVators. I noticed that you are right at the Upper New York Bay. Two weeks ago while visiting Boston I was planning to fly with my son to New York for the Hudson River tour. Due to the TFR we went to Martha's Vineyard for lunch instead. You will have all the fun after you finish!

Ted

I saw your track Ted

Enjoyed reading your story and pix. You were flying around The Lady a while ago when I was building my emp in Brooklyn. I work in NYC and plane is located just across the Hudson. Let me know next time you are around.

Never been there

You are right truly International. A guy from Ukraine will show up soon...
BTW I am heading to KIGM on Nov the 7th, do you know any RVs around there?

Unfortunately, Vlad, I've never flown into Kingman. It's clear across the state from me which in an RV is beside the point. Just never had the opportunity. Seems I'll have to put in on my list. Check the VAF white pages. That should give you a a name or ten.

Wellcome

Vlad,

wellcome to VAF, enjoy your building time.

Me : an italian builder of a RV8 and flying a russian YAK-52

So cold in Russia, what a thrill !

Ciao

What a beautiful country you live in Luca

What a small world! I was ferrying a car from Rimini to Russia in 1994 and passed your town, what a landscape! And those long tunnels through the Alps near Austrian border and bridges...
Dreaming to visit some time again. Russia is not so cold as people say (if you are not in Arctic of course). Stable continental climate - four seasons, dry air. Bearable.
How is Yak misbehaving?

Does anybody know how to contact Vlad.
Thanks,

Peter Xu
520-647-4829
[email protected]

Peter,
You must be new around here. FYI, you can contact any member by doing the following:
1 Sign in to VAF. This activates features that are not available to non members.
2 Left click onto the member's user name you wish to contact. In your case that would be VLAD.
3 Contact the member using either email [if the member has activated that] or Private Message here on the VAF site. [aka PM]

Charlie
PS I would suggest that you click on the FAQ link up on the blue bar near the top of the page. That way, you will learn all the "tricks" of this forum.

Ahhhh, how cute!

It's weird to think Vlad was once new around here. Seeing this thread feels like looking at the baby pictures of a celebrity.

--
Stephen

Locating Vlad

Other techniques to locate Vlad can use food, pretty ladies, hot air balloons, New destinations, or a Corvette to lure him out of hibernation. ;) Any more suggestions? :D

Bigger than life

Funny stuff, a simple question sets off 10 entertaining replies about a guy that has a penchant for burning av gas at an alarming rate. I love it, go Vlad!

Cath,

The RATE OF BURN isn't that much...

More like it never stops!

He is truly an enigma!

Vlad, see you soon!

;). CJ