bgl

I need to add some trim to my rudder. What type or trim tab works best. I have tried the wedge but I can't seem to make it flat or blend in on the leading edge of the rudder. How much is too much I started with 4in high 1/2 in tapered and 1 1/2 wide. Ended up with 15 in high with the same taper and with. I tried carpet tape but lost the trim tab. I think epoxy may be the answer don't like the rivets like Vans shows.

I got doublesided thin foam tape from Walmart. I figured I would try it, see if I needed more or less wedge, then I would pull off the wedge and permanently attach it with tank sealant or just black silicone gasket material.

Turned out 1 Avery wedge worked fine. So Ithought I would take it off and remove the tape and permanently affix it with the silicone.
I was wrong! Started trying to take the wedge off and couldn't! Realized that I had a good thing going with that tape! Marked and painted it in place, did not worry about the somewhat abrupt square leading edge of the wedge. Working just fine.

Tab ?

I had to put a full tab on my rudder, same as Bill. I purchased 2 of them not knowing how much surface I would need. A few guys ended up with 1 tab - 1 1/2 tab or even 2.

I used 3M packing clear tape for now till i was satisfied. I will most likely use epoxy then paint

tab1.jpg
tab2.jpg

Avery tab.jpg

I riveted a conventional tab to the rib and skin. Two or three tweaks and I haven't touched it since then. I did the same for the ailerons. Now trim adjustments are simple and easy.