ethand

Well Known Member
I have completed the rudder on my -10 and am happy with the "double flush" rivets and the straightness of the trailing edge.

I am looking for pictures of others trailing edge as my skins do not come together at the trailing edge. I am wondering if I did not put enough bend in them prior to riveting or if this is normal.

Posting before I took pictures but can post some (if I can figure it out) when I get home later.

Anyone have pictures of theirs?

Thanks in advance.

E

If I recall...I think I could fit a fingernail between the skins on the trailing edge. I filled mine with micro balloons before paint.

My trailing edge is 1-2mm wide, so there is a very small gap between skins. I too will probably fill with something before paint (right now it's mostly filled with pro-seal). If it's straight and consistent width, I say build on!

2dc5qc2.jpg

I have completed the rudder on my -10 and am happy with the "double flush" rivets and the straightness of the trailing edge.

I am looking for pictures of others trailing edge as my skins do not come together at the trailing edge. I am wondering if I did not put enough bend in them prior to riveting or if this is normal.

Posting before I took pictures but can post some (if I can figure it out) when I get home later.

Anyone have pictures of theirs?

Thanks in advance.

E

By design, the aft edge of the AEX wedge is slightly aft of the skin trailing edges.