ChrisL

I set the rivets on my rudder trailing edge last night and the good news is that the edge came out straight - well within the .100 limits. The problem is that the wedge never fit quite right no matter how I counter sunk it, and now I have 1-2/32 gap along the edge including some very minor variation due to light scalloping. I tried to sandwich the wedge under two pieced of aluminum angle when I prosealed the joint, but it didn't seem to help much. Please see the pic below and let me know if I have any options, or should rebuild, or move on.
tegap.JPG

Thanks,
Chris

Looks Good.

If I recall, I believe I had something like 1/32 or 1/16 of the wedge extending beyond the trailing edge which required filing. Yours look fine, though. If it were mine, I'd mix a slurry of epoxy and microballoons to fill that. When dry, I'd simply shape it with a sanding board.

Hello
I have the same, I'll fill with epoxy.
I think that rolling the edges prior to riveting might help avoid this.

Rolling or inducing a slight bend will make all the difference in the finished edge. One nice thing about using proseal to hold the wedge and skins flat prior to riveting is the proseal will fill any small gaps between the wedge and skin. After it's cured it can be sanded and primed. Your slight gaps are a cosmetic issue as everyone else has indicated, little micro and epoxy and your on your way.

The Orndoff (spelling??) videos had a bunch of good tips in them and this was one of them. Although I'm sure it was around long before. I credit George's videos for exposing a whole lot of gotchas way before they happen. Even on different models of RV's. Pretty amazing how similar each model is with the exception of size and canopy style. Oops, sorta got off topic!:)