Phil

Well Known Member
Has anyone done anything unique to their rudder pedals to tame down the shiny aluminum?

I've see rudder pedal covers and I've seen them powder coated, but I'm curious to know what other ideas might exist out there.

I'm thinking of mixing some epoxy, putting in some black dye, then rolling it on to each pedal. Once it starts to get tacky, sprinkle on some blasting sand for texture and traction.

I still haven't tried this on a practice piece yet, but I'm open to other ideas that have long-term lifespans.

Phil

I covered mine

with Wing Walk material. It's black and non-slip.
I also slit a piece of 5/8" ID rubber tubing and put it on the horizontal bar of the rudder pedal, and then did a spiral wrap of wing walk material over that.
It gives the rudder bar a bit of a build-up and makes it a bit easier to stay off the brakes.
Of course that's on a 7A, not a 10 so I'm not sure how/if it will apply...

Last edited:
I just applied stickyback wing walk material to mine and trimmed out the holes. Looked nice and made them non slip. I also wrapped the bottom of the pedal bar.

Roberta

Shot of the pedals during building. My hubby was gluing in the floor insulation.

soundproof1.jpg

Phil,

Depending on diameter (mine is on a 9) you can put some of that white PVC pipe over the bottom part of the pedal (1/2-inch ID). Cut the PVC lengthwise slightly off of center and the piece that's larger will snap onto the pedal. Get the next size up and it will snap onto the first piece (or blue glue them together before cutting). You can then add whatever paint, friction material, etc. you want to the PVC. I found that they don't slip around the rudder pedal and also move your foot a bit further from the brake, thereby avoiding potential brake drag.

greg