jscottpilot

I just installed the rudder pedals and rudder and connected the cables. When your feet are not on the rudder pedals the cables are loose. I have flown gliders that operate like this but most production aircraft have tight rudder pedals. It would seem a 200 mph aircraft would have flutter if the pedals and cables are not tight. Is this the way they are made or have I missed something?

I wondered about that. I almost told someone at Sun n Fun their rudder cables were loose but when I looked at other RVs, I saw the same thing and figured that was simply how it was.

I dunno about the 8, but I put return springs on my 6A. Wasn't hard to fabricate.

Using return springs on the adjustable pedals on the -8 would take a little clever design work, and would add a lot more complexity than the simple springs on the fixed-pedal RV's. I'm sure it is do-able, but not sure what it would add....

Paul

Floor mounted pedals?

They came as standard in my -6 kit.

Mel... was this with the early floor mounted rudder pedals?

My old -6A plans with the then new overhead pedals show no return spring, and don't even have a good location/tabs for attachment of springs....

gil A

Gil,

That is the way they are on Louise's -6 (kit number 4) - floor mounted pedals, with return springs.