William Slaughter

Well Known Member
Fitting up the rudder pedal assy this weekend on my QB (in-flight adjustable), and the instructions want the slider blocks to not bind, but to have "minimal side to side rocking". Mine require about 0.035 - 0.040 shims under both blocks to eliminate any rocking. This doesn't seem minimal to me, and of course I can't lower the whole weldment assy, so ???
Should I:
Just get over it and call it minimal?
Order a couple of new UHMW plastic slider blocks and hope they're imcrementally taller?
Call it a golden opportunity to fit a couple of 0.032 Stainlees Steel "slide tracks" to the floor?
Other?

Hi William,

I am obviously not going to tell you which choice to make, but I'll give you a data point. I read your post and it got me wondering if there was any play in the Val's pedals, so I walked out and gave them a quick jiggle. They do actually rock a bit. Sighting down there with a flashlight, I'd guess that if I rock them all the way one way, there might be .030 or so clearance under the other block. The interesting thing is that I had never noticed this before you mentioned it. 1200 hours and five years of flying. Once you have some pressure on the pedals from your feet, rocking doesn't seem to be noticeable. Minimal is in the eye of the beholder I guess....

I like your idea of the SS slide tracks BTW!

Minimal is in the eye of the beholder I guess....

That's exactly why I posed the question. I often tend to look at things way to closely. I think I'll just leave it alone for now, with an eye towards putting in the "slide tracks" before I button up the top forward skin.
Thanks for the replies, guys!